Do you have to be a health practitioner to become a Certified Circle of Life Coach?
No, we have people from all walks of life -- teachers, human resource managers, career counselors, social workers, clergy, fitness instructors -- anyone who is involved in supporting others in health and well-being are trained as Certified Circle of Life Coaches.
How does the Circle of Life compare to other coach trainings?
The Circle of Life Health and Wellness Coaching System:
- Has successfully been utilized since 1987.
- Is a comprehensive, “ready-to-go,” entire life and wellness coaching system, making it easy to immediately use.
- Deliverable through a full array of formats: retreats, group coaching sessions, individual coaching, in person, and phone sessions.
- Provides step-by-step outlines about how to run a group, retreat, or individual session.
- Includes a unique and powerful component - the teaching and application of Mind-Body Self-Care practices, which support people in greater health, balance, stress reduction, stress resiliency, and positive energy.
- Provides a supportive and inspiring community through our free monthly mentor calls with other Circle of Life coaches.
Where and how is the Circle of Life Coaching being utilized?
Trained Circle of Life Coaches are implementing coaching in these contexts:
Healthcare Related Support in hospitals and clinics (nurses, social workers, nutritionists, and health educators). Used in healthcare and wellness as a stand alone program as well as being added to existing programs. For example, in a diabetes education program the Circle of Life Coaching would support people in implementing healthy action steps with support and accountability.
The types of health groups this is being used for:
- Weight management
- Cardiac disease and heart health
- MS and Parkinson’s
- CFS and Fibromyalgia groups
Wellness in the Workplace (Human resource management, wellness oriented professionals, health and wellness coaches, consultants, EAP therapists)
- Half day and full day retreats.
- Phone and group sessions for stress reduction, work-home balance, and reduced medical costs
Churches, Synagogues, Spiritual Centers (clergy, spiritual teachers and leaders, church and synagogue members, parish nurses)
- Health ministries
- Mind/Body/Spirit health and wellness support for members
- Community building/Peer support
- Appropriate for all age levels from teens to seniors
Fitness Centers/YMCA’s (personal trainers, nutritionists, class instructors)
- Used to support people in making changes in their exercise and diet by addressing their whole life.
- Create a tailored, personalized program for each individual.
Complementary Health Practitioners (nutritionists, acupuncturists, body/massage therapists, therapists, counselors, wellness oriented professionals) in private practice working in a holistic approach for:
- One-on-one health and mind/body wellness coaching
- 1-day workshops
- Group sessions
Social Service Agencies, Schools, Universities (teachers, professors, therapists, consultants, social workers, administrators)
- Empowering individuals and community to live healthy productive lives using an effective step-by-step coaching system.
Retreats and Spas (Wellness oriented professionals, personal trainers, workshop leaders)
- Taking the retreat and spa experience into everyday living through follow-up coaching phone calls or in-person sessions.
Other Contexts Where the Circle of Life Is Being Utilized:
- Senior programs
- The application is limitless. Each coach learns the system and applies their unique purpose, style, and resources to the process